Darby Road HOME, an independent, award winning, home décor and design store is looking for a part-time, experienced Design Consultant to join our fun, energetic team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Selling home decor products including upholstery, furniture, lighting, accessories, etc.
- Greet customers to learn and understand their needs and wants while visiting the store.
- Learning and being able to communicate an extensive product portfolio and to provide quotes.
- Manage and resolve customer service issues.
- Support the Principal Designer with product sourcing and pricing for clients.
- Organizing and managing inventory.
- Assisting with store merchandising.
- Assisting with packaging and managing shipments.
- Assisting with store opening/closing procedures.
- 1+ years of retail sales experience, preferably in a furniture or luxury environment.
- College degree, or work experience equivalent.
- Strong MAC skills and must be web savvy.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Punctual and professional.
- Must be a “people person” demonstrating enthusiam and creativity.
- Must be available during store hours which are 10 to 5 daily. Sunday 12 to 4.
- Ability to work at least 1 weekend day a week.
Please send your resume or inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.